Date(s) - 03/19/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
iCal - calendar file link
Sugar Bowl Resort
Name: Millie Smith
Please join Renee Zupon and other Sierra Nevada Region PCA members at Sugarbowl Ski Resort on Friday, March 19 for the Inaugural Deven Hickingbotham Memorial Ski Day. This is your opportunity to remember Deven at one of his favorite places while enjoying one of his favorite sports. Deven did an outstanding job as the club’s Activities Chair and was a longtime skier at Sugarbowl. Come take some turns and swap some stories with drinks afterward on the porch deck of Deven and Renee’s home at Sugarbowl.
With Covid restrictions this year, the easy option is for first 10 signups to receive a pass/ticket from Renee for the day. No reservations through Sugarbowl required unless you are renting equipment. You will have to return the pass to Renee at the end of the day. Any member who already has a Sugarbowl season pass is welcome to join us.
Since tickets are “free”, we encourage you make a donation to the Deven Hickingbotham Transportation Fund at Step2, details below. We plan to make this an annual event for both downhill and cross country skiers on the club’s calendar and will work with Sugarbowl for group ticket rates.
Meet at 9am on deck of Sugarbowl hotel to get your pass/ticket.
Best option is to take gondola from parking lot on Donner Pass Rd. to Sugarbowl Hotel. If you park in Judah lot, you will have to walk to Village side and hotel.
Lunch on your own. Check Sugarbowl information below or visit the Sugarbowl web site.
Meet at 2pm back at Sugarbowl hotel deck and Renee will escort you to her house for refreshments and/or to return your pass.
Sugarbowl COVID Information:
- Face coverings will be required in all indoor spaces.
- Face coverings will be required outdoors throughout the resort, except when actively skiing/riding or when eating/drinking in a designated outdoor dining area.
- Face coverings may be removed when participating in downhill skiing/snowboarding but you must resume wearing your mask when entering the base area and you should remain on while riding the lift.
- Face coverings should be two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric, which completely cover your nose and mouth at all times. A single-layer “buff” does not meet CDC guidelines.
- Live Together, Ride Together. Household members can ride lifts together. Non-household members may only ride together if at least one seat is left vacant between them. We will not ask guests to share a lift ride with someone they are not comfortable riding alongside.
- Cafés will be open for guests to come inside and purchase hot or cold Grab ‘N Go meals. Once purchased guests may enjoy their meal outdoors, in a designated dining area. If the weather is not suitable to outdoor dining, we recommend utilizing your vehicle as an alternative.
- Dining options include Nob Hill Café, Mid-Mountain Café, Judah Café plus the Sunset Grill and all outdoor barbecues will be open on weekends and holidays.
- Indoor Warming Zones will be available at Judah Lodge, Mid Mountain Lodge and Village Lodge. Guests may check-in with a Care Team member to enter for a 15-minute warming session. If space is unavailable, we recommend utilizing your vehicle as an alternative.
- Restrooms will be available indoors, however our Care Team will be closely monitoring capacity. Additional outdoor restrooms facilities are available this season for your convenience.
PCA COVID Requirements: If you have not already read the Member Safety Guidelines for PCA events and signed the PCA-required COVID-19 waiver, go to the links below, read the guidelines and either print the waiver in color, sign and bring with you or you can sign a copy when you arrive, we will have copies available.
Inaugural Deven Hickingbotham Memorial Ski Day
Total spaces = 10
Booked spaces = 4
- William Smith (2)
- Tom Provasi (2)
Bookings are closed for this event.